The Senior Group Home (SGH) programme is an initiative developed and funded by the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) in collaboration with the Housing Development Board (HDB) and Social Service Organisations (SSOs). Agency for Integrated Care (AIC) is the gateway for all referrals.
The SGH programme is an assisted living model that reaches out to frail seniors, enabling them to co-reside independently in designated HDB rental flats retrofitted with elder-friendly features. The aim of SGH is to provide comprehensive support to the seniors through services such as meals on wheels, medical escort transport and home nursing.
Lions Befrienders runs the SGH programme at Tampines and Meiling.
The desired outcomes of the SGH programme are:
- Allow seniors to remain in the community with a sense of autonomy and control over their lives as they age
- Reduce social isolation and enable lonely seniors to age in place with the community through co-residing arrangements
- Provide care and social support to vulnerable seniors through the facilitation of support services
ELIGIBILITY & PROFILES OF BENEFICIARIES
The eligibility and profile of our beneficiaries under the SGH programme are as follows:
- 60 years old & above
- Singapore citizens
- Seniors who have low or no family support and are at risk of social isolation
- Certified by a doctor to be fit for communal living and/or participation in communal activities
- Physically frail and facing a decline in their health, but do not require 24/7 monitoring by care staff
- Eligible for HDB Rental Housing