About Cluster Support
Our Cluster Support is a step-up of service for vulnerable seniors* with no or weak family support to age in place within the community for as long as possible. We provide social support through monitoring, casework management and counselling services in designated service boundaries in collaboration with other social service agencies and the help of Caring Assistance from Neighbours (CAN) carers. We also refer seniors to relevant social service agencies where necessary.
We have been appointed by the Ministry of Health as one of the Cluster Operators to run Senior Cluster Networks (SCNs) in three zones, namely Clementi/Bukit Timah, Queenstown and Tampines/Changi, where we are already operating Senior Activity Centres (Rental) and Senior Activity Centre (Cluster Support). The three key services within the Senior Cluster Network are Senior Activity Centre (Rental), Senior Activity Centre (Cluster Support) and Senior Group Home (SGH). Each SAC Cluster Support supports up to five SACs within their designated service boundaries.
* A vulnerable senior is a person who suffers from social isolation, depression, or physical disabilities, which leads one to be unable to care for oneself.
Be A CAN Carer
- Provide social support through monitoring, casework management and counselling services to vulnerable seniors in the designated service boundary assigned by the Authority
- Facilitate better co-ordination in the provision of community-based care and support services to the seniors
Profile & eligibility criteria
- 60 years & above
- Limited or no family support and require continual assistance
- Vulnerable, with self-care issues due to social isolation, depression and/or physical disabilities
- Require some help with Activities of Daily Living**(ADL) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL)***
Residents below 60 years old would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
** The six activities of daily living (ADL) set by the Ministry of Health are mobility, feeding, transferring, dressing, bathing and toileting.
*** IADL includes the six daily tasks: Housekeeping, Meal Preparation, Medication Intake, Shopping, Use of Telephone and Money Management.
Refer a Senior
If you know of seniors who meet the above criteria, you can help by referring them to us. Click at the Case Referral Form button to download the form and send the completed form via email to the respective office: