Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA), we view our responsibilities seriously and are committed to protecting your privacy. The information we collect is used strictly for the purpose of operating LB and not for any commercial purposes. ‘Personal Data’ defined under the PDPA means data about an individual who can be identified from that data or other information that an organization is likely to have or has access to. This includes photographs or a video image of an individual.
Collection and Usage of Personal Information
The Personal Data we collect, use and disclose (eg. NRIC/FIN/passport contact details) whether in writing, electronically or otherwise will be used for the following purposes:
- to communicate with our employees, beneficiaries, volunteers, donors, sponsors and partners
- to process applications for the provision of programmes and services
- for the application and provision of facilities to our facility users
- to assess, hire and appraise potential and current volunteers and employees
- to appeal for volunteers, donations and sponsorships
- for record keeping and insurance purposes
- to generate and disclose regulatory reports to regulatory authorities
- Formulate strategies and plans for our research, support services and operational work
Usage of your personal data is limited to these purposes and unless expressly permitted by you, your personal data will be kept confidential.
Disclosure to third parties
LB may disclose your personal data to a 3rd party with your consent. We will not provide any personally identifiable information to a third party unless required to do so by law or by any government agency.
Updating/Editing of Personal Information
We endeavor to record your information accurately. If you should notice an error in your personal data or if your information has changed, please notify us and this will be corrected as soon as possible.
Updating or editing of personal information can be made at any time by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection, use and disclosure without consent
LB may use your personal data without your consent under the following circumstances:
- it is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of the individual concerned
- the information is of national interest
- the information and data is publicly available
Protection and Security of Information
LB will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is secure.