We have been appointed by the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) as one of the Cluster Operators to run Senior Cluster Networks (SCNs) in 3 zones, namely Queenstown, Tampines/Changi and Clementi/Bukit Timah where we are already operating Senior Activity Centres (Rental) [SAC (R)] and SAC Cluster Support [SAC (CS)]. The 3 key services within the SCN are SAC (R), SAC (CS) and Senior Group Home (SGH).
SAC Cluster Support is a step-up of service for vulnerable seniors* with no or weak family support, so that they can age-in-place within the community for as long as possible. Each SAC Cluster Support supports up to five SACs within their designated service boundaries. Cluster Support helps to closely monitor the well-being of seniors from these identified service boundaries through collaborations with social service agencies and the help of Caring Assistance from Neighbours (CAN) carers. We also refer seniors to relevant social service agencies where necessary.
* A vulnerable senior is one who suffers from social isolation, depression, or physical disabilities, which lead him/her to be unable to care for himself/herself.
BE A CAN CARER
ELIGIBILITY & PROFILE OF BENEFICIARIES
- 60 years and above
- Have no or weak family support and require continued assistance
- Vulnerable, with self-care issues due to social isolation, depression and/or physical disabilities
- Live alone or with frail elderly spouse/flatmate
- Require some help with Activities of Daily Living**(ADL) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL)***
Residents below 60 years old would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
** The six activities of daily living (ADL) set by the Ministry of Health (MOH) are mobility, feeding, transferring, dressing, bathing and toileting.
*** IADL includes the six daily tasks: Housekeeping, Meal Preparation, Medication Intake, Shopping, Use of Telephone and Money Management.
The objectives of the SAC Cluster Support are:
- To provide social support through monitoring, casework management and counselling services to vulnerable seniors in the designated service boundary assigned by the Authority; and
- To facilitate better co-ordination in the provision of community-based care and support services to the seniors.
REFER A SENIOR
Case Referral Registration Form
Fax the completed form to the respective Cluster Support office below.
CLEMENTI / BUKIT TIMAH
Block 18 Ghim Moh Road, #01-115,
Tel : 6681 4020
Fax : 6467 6009
Block 151 Mei Ling Street, #01 – 01,
Tel : 6681 4949
Fax : 6476 3661
TAMPINES / CHANGI
Block 434 Tampines Street 43, #01-77,
Tel : 6681 4939
Fax : 6785 7981